I need help with a Discord problem

CrazyBob's Cops And Robbers game information, help, faqs and guides. If you need help with something in game, this is the place!
iliomeister
Officer

I need help with a Discord problem

Post by iliomeister »

Right off the bat, I want to say that I didn't know where exactly to ask, so I decided to ask here. Sorry if it's the wrong place, admins/mods.

My problem with Discord is as follows: My discord account has double security, the thingy with the phone number. Yeah, so I changed my old phone number which was part of the double security and got a new one, but I forgot to enter(the new one) it onto my account, my I restarted my PC, without giving it any attention and when I try to enter, using my email and password, I cannot, because it sends an SMS to my old number which is defunct. I tried Google Authentificator on the QR code, an "error" message pops up.
My question to the wise people of the CnR forums is, how can I enter my account and get things back to normal?
Thank you for your time, in advance.
"Louis the whatever's finance minister - Duh... something"
iliomeister
Officer

Re: I need help with a Discord problem

Post by iliomeister »

Eveready wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:57 pm https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ctor-Codes

Try looking for the txt mentioned in this.
nothing there that can help me.
I cannot enter my account, cuz it has double security and the phone number linked to the double security is defunct.
thanks for the reply though.
Cis
CnR Admin

Post by Cis »

Aside from contacting discord support and unless I'm mistaken, you'll need to make a new account

Bottom of eveready's link: If you do not have access to your backup codes, we are unable to remove 2FA and you will have to create a new account. Discord cannot remove 2FA or issue you new backup codes.
iliomeister
Officer

Post by iliomeister »

thank you for the reply.
I guess I need a new account.
Admins, this topic is done.