/changepass not working? Asked to contact an admin?

CrazyBob's Cops And Robbers game information, help, faqs and guides. If you need help with something in game, this is the place!
Renegade334
Silly Admin
Personal Saying: iter non destinatum fruere

/changepass not working? Asked to contact an admin?

Post by Renegade334 »

Hi folks,

Since well-meaning people tend to spread incorrect information to other players requesting help with passwords, I thought I'd clarify:

If you want to change your in-game password, use the /changepass command in-game. This will usually do the trick.

If you are unable to use /changepass in-game and are asked to contact an admin, that's exactly what you need to do: contact an admin. You don't need to send these requests to the scripting team. Simply pop into IRC and we can help you out.

If you lose your account login altogether and are unable to login at all, then officially, there is nothing that we can do for you and you will need to start over. Look after your password, note it down, and don't share it. (Read http://forums.crazybobs.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21411 for advice on password security.)

If you believe that your account has been genuinely compromised, then first of all, you're a moron: keeping your password secure is not a difficult skill. However, if you let the admin team know, then we may be able to temporarily disable your account and help you reclaim it. We will not reverse any actions or changes made to your account when it was compromised.

If you have any other account-related queries, you're welcome to either use the CnR Help board here on the forums, or come and find us in IRC.
Rockstar128
Sergeant
Personal Saying: Meet In Los Santos

Re: /changepass not working? Asked to contact an admin?

Post by Rockstar128 »

Finally. U created a thread. Thx Renegade and other administrators :)
CnR Player Since June 2013 | Regular Player Since July 2013 | Donating Player Since April 2014
Thefiery500
Commissioner
Personal Saying: You will pay the price for your lack of vision!

Post by Thefiery500 »

Nice, I've seen quite the many people thinking admins cannot help out in any way. This should be useful!

Good Job! (10-20)
laske
Commissioner

Post by laske »

Good.
It took me days to find Bob at IRC to change pass.
Snitt
Commissioner
Personal Saying: Snitt #1

Post by Snitt »

Useful information I guess. Most useful would be if I could just /changepass in game without needing to do this :(.
For security, you should be changing your password pretty frequently anyway. Most companies force you to change your password every few months on their systems for security but here, some people have probably been using the same password for years :/.
One time I stupidly typed my password in game in the main chat and had to go crawling to bob for a password reset. Was pretty lucky since it was the weekend, bob was around within like 1 hour.
I want /changepass :'(
Snupi_55
Commissioner

Post by Snupi_55 »

Finaly, nice job ;)
banana_ghost
Commissioner

Post by banana_ghost »

Nice Job
Snitt wrote:Useful information I guess. Most useful would be if I could just /changepass in game without needing to do this :(.
For security, you should be changing your password pretty frequently anyway. Most companies force you to change your password every few months on their systems for security but here, some people have probably been using the same password for years :/.
One time I stupidly typed my password in game in the main chat and had to go crawling to bob for a password reset. Was pretty lucky since it was the weekend, bob was around within like 1 hour.
I think the reason this isn't enabled without an admin's approval is due to the fact people can leak their passwords, someone access' the account and changes their password.
ROBO_N1X
Lieutenant

Post by ROBO_N1X »

i can use /changepass anytime i want to in-game,It doesnt say contact an admin you to change your pass :?
DRAGONFANG
Lieutenant

Post by DRAGONFANG »

Banana_Ghost wrote:Nice Job
Snitt wrote:Useful information I guess. Most useful would be if I could just /changepass in game without needing to do this :(.
I think the reason this isn't enabled without an admin's approval is due to the fact people can leak their passwords, someone access' the account and changes their password.
I think the reason is because he/she changed IP
CopMaster
Commissioner
Personal Saying: To be a rock and not to roll.

Post by CopMaster »

Finally a guide . Nice job , and ty on this :)