Graphics Issues?

Help with game problems not related to CnR.
trebleclef
Captain

Graphics Issues?

Post by trebleclef » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:16 am

I have 3x anti-aliasing on but it still looks awful? I have 1920x1080 but the resolution still looks kind of choppy. I'm getting around 90 FPS but the camera rotations make it feel like 30 FPS. I Have a 144 hz monitor, and V-Sync turned off. Was the game always like this? My computer is perfectly fine with every other game I play. I still have like no idea what this issue is jafhsdjkfhs. I keep coming back and remembering my GTA SA is fucked up for no reason. I've tried messing with settings in the NVIDIA control panel, I've deleted the gta_sa.set, I've re-installed GTA SA, my drivers are up to date, I've messed around with all of the settings, but it's still so choppy - unless this is how GTA SA always was and I never noticed idk.

Fagsy
Lieutenant

Re: Graphics Issues?

Post by Fagsy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:33 am

Nah, shouldn't be choppy. It's hard to diagnose these kind of problems, usually you just have to try everything until something works. My game gets choppy if I enable frame limiter in game options so try that if you haven't yet. Also, try closing all programs before running samp
PAUSING = CHEATING
Definition of cheat in English:

playerqnvn1
Captain

Post by playerqnvn1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:50 am

If you are using Windows 10, then gta_sa runs at 60Hz by default despite having a 144Hz Monitor. To get a higher refresh rate you would have to create a custom resolution with a slight change of your native resolution by one digit ([email protected]) for example or anything different from the default ones. Alternatively you can run the game on windowed mode.

Hepatitis
Foot Patrol

Post by Hepatitis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:59 pm

just create custom res and it will work, but still it wont be that smooth, because u have 90 fps, not 144.

trebleclef
Captain

Post by trebleclef » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:10 pm

Okay it's been fixed by entirely getting rid of the Steam GTA SA.