How To Turn Off Character Animations?

Help with game problems not related to CnR.
F.Zeppelin
Officer In Training

How To Turn Off Character Animations?

Post by F.Zeppelin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi,

I've just had to reinstall SAMP, and now every time I hit the arrest button my character pauses to do a stupid dance or movement. It even did it in the middle of a gunfight.

I know there's a way to turn these animations off because I had the same problem a while back and found altering the game settings stopped it. But now I can't remember where to find that fix in the settings.

Anyone help please?

Thanks.

Evangelist
Commissioner

Re: How To Turn Off Character Animations?

Post by Evangelist » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Solution #1:
Maybe your arrest key is bound to some GTA_SA's default action. In GTA_SA arrest key = sub-mission key if arresting from car (2 by default), and on foot it's "Look Behind" button (MMB by default). One possibility is that your arrest key equals GTA_SA's Action key (TAB by default, probably set to sth else on your end). Switch "Action key" in GTA_SA's settings to any other key, preferably useless one, and it shouldn't give you any weird animations out of nowhere.
You redefine your controls manually via the following sequence: Pause menu -> Options -> Controller Setup -> Foot Controls (that's where "ACTION" thing is) or Vehicle controls (isn't relevant to you)

Solution #2:
Maybe you're having some CNR animation command bound to your hotkey, or default arrest key. For example, maybe your MMB is actually a hotkey for some anim, for example /so or /dance. Tho it's not probable.

Solution #3:
Try option #1 and see if it helps. If it doesn't... You can also go somewhere safe (or even better, in GTA_SA singleplayer), tap pause -> Options -> Controller setup -> Restore defaults.

F.Zeppelin
Officer In Training

Re: How To Turn Off Character Animations?

Post by F.Zeppelin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks for the incredibly detailed answer. You were correct about it being the action key, so that's sorted now.

Thanks again for your help.