- Before you can use mIRC, you will need to download and install it. If you have already done that, you can skip this and follow on from the connecting part.
Downloading and Installing mIRC
- You can download mIRC by Clicking Here (Right Click > Open Link In New Tab/Window)
- After you clicked Download mIRC then your download should start automatically.
- After the download has finished then click the mIRC installer to Run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you have gone through it all until it's completed.
- Once you have completed the installation on mIRC then close the window and double-click or open mIRC.
How To Connect To #cnr, #cnr.radio on the IRC.TL Network
- Once you have open up mIRC then you will see this window below. (similiar to it)
- Next to the lightning bolt click on the icon that shows a hammer and this will bring up the mIRC Options Box. (Image below is an example of what I use)
- Nickname Field: Your In-Game Nick
- Alternative Field: Your Alternative Nick
- Name Field: Your In-Game Nick/Alternative Nick
- Email Field: Don't put anything in this field
- Keep the Options Box open and then click on Servers on the left hand side and then click on Add Server and input the information as seen in the Screenshot Below and then click ok after you've done it.
- After you've done that highlight the irc.tl and then click select and it will select that network to connect to.
- Keep the Options Box open and then click on Options on the left hand side and then check/uncheck all the boxes as seen in the screenshot below and then click on Perform and input the information as seen in the Screenshot Below and then click ok after you've done it.
- By doing this you will automatically connect to the channels upon connecting to the IRC.TL Network
- /ns identify <yourpass> - you should input your password you have assigned to your IRC Nick (NOT IN-GAME NICK)
- Not done it yet? Just scroll down and read the section below on how to register your IRC Nick and then you can input it into this box later on to save you from having to manually log in as it'll log you in when you open your mIRC.
- Once you have done all of that click on the lightning bolt in the icons menu area at the top and it will start connecting you to the irc.tl network and then to the two channels that you have inputted into the perform box as you can see in the screenshot below.
How To Register and Identify your nick on irc.tl
- To register your nickname, use the following syntax: /msg NickServ REGISTER password email
Example: /msg NickServ REGISTER mypassword [email protected]
Please Note: The email address must be a valid email address you can use, and password must be a valid password (i.e., it cannot be your nickname or less than 5 characters long) also make sure it isn't your IN-GAME Nick Password.
- After issuing that command, an email will be dispatched with a confirmation code to your email address from [email protected]. Copy and paste the code within 24 hours from your email address you just registered to complete the registration process; otherwise the nick will be available for others to register:
/msg nickserv confirm confirmationCodefromyourEmail
- Once you have inputted the confirmation code that was from your e-mail then your IRC Nick will be fully registered.
- When your nick is fully registered then you can simply log in with the password that you signed your IRC Nick up with by doing the syntax:
/msg nickserv identify <yourpass> (/ns identify <yourpass>)
Some Basic IRC Commands
/me is an action message.
Type /me waves hello
Example: me waves hello
Type /msg nickname (message) to start a private chat.
Example: /msg puddytat Hey tat, how are you?
Similar to the /msg, except it forces a window to pop open.
Type /query nickname (message)
Type /quit to leave IRC altogether. This disconnects you from the IRC server.
Example: /quit gtg Bye!
Unfortunately, there will be times when you don't want to talk to someone, or else someone may be harassing you.
By typing /ignore nickname 3, you will not receive anymore messages from that person.
Example: /ignore cnrplayer 3
To Unignore them, type /ignore -r cnrplayer 3
FAQ Knowledge Base
Question: If I exited my client will I leave all my channels?
Answer: Yes as you will no longer be connected on the server.
Question:: I lost connection to the irc.tl server but can't use my nick after reconnecting, is there a way to get it back?
Answer:: Yes as long as you have made two registered nicks to the same e-mail that you registered you can type "/ns Ghost <yourname>" otherwise if not and only have one account then you will have to wait tli it pings out and then are able to reuse it again.
If the name you chose as pinged out then you can use "/nick <yourname" to go back to it. (Note: You may need to relog in and you can do that by doing "/ns identidy <yourpass".)
Question: Is there a way to timestamp my messages in mIRC?
Answer: Yes, you can use "/timestamp on/off"
Question: Can I only have just #cnr and #cnr.radio in my perform list?
Answer: No, you can have as many channels as you like in the Perform List.
Note: If you cannot join a channel from the Perform List that you've inputted then you can do /j #channelhere as some channels may have +R.
Question: What is +R?
Answer: +R is a mode set to a channel so that only Registered Users with Registered Nicks can join the channel as this is for security of constant floods/spam by non-registered nicks.
Question: I want to secure my nick can I do this so that others cannot use it?
Answer: Yes you can secure your nick on the network by doing "/ns set enforce on" as this will give any user who attempts to use your nick 30 Seconds to change it before their name gets automatically changed.
Note: If you want to turn this off then just type "/ns set enforce off"
Question: How can I part from just one channel and not all?
Answer: You can simple type "/part #channel" (Example: /part #cnr).
Question: What are the symbols besides players names?
Answer: The symbols are as followed:-
+ = Voice || % = Half-op || @ = Admin || & = Senior Admin || ~ = Owner