[Guide] How to record gameplay with very low file sizes.

CrazyBob's Cops And Robbers game information, help, faqs and guides. If you need help with something in game, this is the place!
Snitt
Commissioner
Personal Saying: Snitt #1

Re: [Guide] How to record gameplay with very low file sizes.

Post by Snitt »

Kopi wrote:I just wanna say: Recording with such a low CRF is only good for direct uploads. If you're video editing record with some lossless codec instead. That way all the information will be kept and your video will look perfect when you transcode it (as long you do it correctly) . If you don't have enough storage for that matter then buy some. HDDs are cheap these days.
Although I've already said this I'll say it again - I don't support this guide anymore. The quality is pretty bad and there's better ways to do it nowadays.

Regardless, this video was specifically aimed at recording for long amounts of time with small file size WITHOUT buying HDD space. A lot of people on CnR are kids and don't have access to any amount of money (No matter how cheap HDDs are) so I made this guide.
This was never meant to be a guide for recording videos for every scenario. It was specifically aimed at small file sizes for longer recording.
Kopi
Captain

Post by Kopi »

Snitt wrote:
Kopi wrote:I just wanna say: Recording with such a low CRF is only good for direct uploads. If you're video editing record with some lossless codec instead. That way all the information will be kept and your video will look perfect when you transcode it (as long you do it correctly) . If you don't have enough storage for that matter then buy some. HDDs are cheap these days.
Although I've already said this I'll say it again - I don't support this guide anymore. The quality is pretty bad and there's better ways to do it nowadays.

Regardless, this video was specifically aimed at recording for long amounts of time with small file size WITHOUT buying HDD space. A lot of people on CnR are kids and don't have access to any amount of money (No matter how cheap HDDs are) so I made this guide.
This was never meant to be a guide for recording videos for every scenario. It was specifically aimed at small file sizes for longer recording.
I might write a new guide when i have enough time for it.
Here sometimes.
SkyWalker
Captain
Personal Saying: Retired.Perma

Post by SkyWalker »

Aint hd ;/ :cry:
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Power.
AlexHardstyle
Officer

Post by AlexHardstyle »

Hey snitt, If u dont click on Limit FPS limit to 60 or 30 my game just have so many fps drops. umm and while im recording there is no problem if i check the limit fps to 60 but then when i look at the video it gets stuck in the middle and cuts half of the video :(. could you help me
Image Image

Bode66
Lieutenant
Personal Saying: You sow good, you reap evil

Post by Bode66 »

Thank you so much pro i really wanted that