White = Innocent civilian
Blue = Law Enforcement Police / Medic / Police technician (Lighter colors indicate higher ranks)
Purple = Police requesting backup
Yellow = Suspect (Can receive a ticket)
Orange = Wanted Suspect (Can be arrested)
Green = On duty Driver (Innocent civilian)
- Being a cop requires more than just being able to press 2 or MMB. You need to have good knowledge of the rules and how the game generally works.
- The higher your Rank is, the more options are available in the /refill menu. All you have to do to keep your rank up is respect the server rules.
- You will receive Refill Credits for everything you do as a cop. You can use the Refill Credits for most services provided in the Police Department or by Police Technicians, but also in some regular shops and garages . Keep track of how many you have by checking your /inventory (/inv).
- Never shoot innocents (represented by the White or Green colors) or suspects with an unpaid ticket, just wait for them to get a warrant then try to arrest them. If they are attacking you trying to avoid getting hit is a much better solution than shooting back and risking rank loss.
- Always carry guns, MP5 and M4 are good guns for a cop. You should also carry a sniper for taking down helicopters or suspects on buildings.
- Learning useful CnR 10-Codes will give you an easy way to communicate with your fellow Law Enforcement Agents.
- Having knowledge of the Quick Strings can help you in situations when you have no direct vision of the suspect and you need to find out information about them, that's when /i $war can come in handy.
- Police Technicians are your best friends. They can provide weapons and mechanic services without you having to go all the way back to the Police Department.
- When taking bribes, keep track of who you're dealing with. Remember that taking bribes twice from the same person will result in a demotion.
- If you team up with other cops and decide to practice car surfing in order to have more people shooting you have to remember that weapon accuracy is reduced based on the speed of the vehicle when car surfing. Some shots may look like they hit when they actually aren't.
- Pay attention to the DISPATCH messages, they inform every cop about crimes in progress. You will be notified if you are the closest police officer to a specific crime location. In this case you can use /respond (/res) to inform other cops that you are heading there.
- Try to work with other cops, two or more cops are always better than one. While one of you is driving the others can attempt to disable suspects' vehicles.
- Always check the wanted players list using the /warrant (/war) command. It shows you all the suspects with warrants, their position and the vehicle they are in. Another useful command is /robberries (/rob). This one gives a list of all in progress robberies.
- Don't camp places like banks or casinos. Camping them is useless, no one will try to rob them and you will have no one to arrest. You could choose a specific area of the city that you could patrol to make sure you reach ceartain robbery places in time.
- Waiting for the suspects to exit the buildings they have just robbed is risky, because lag can fool you and they can enter a vehicle and get away before you get the chance to arrest them. Park your car in a way that blocks their getaway vehicle and go inside. Remember that that the in-door arrest radius is lower.
- Arresting robbers before the robbery/holdup is complete will reward you with a bonus.
- After arresting bank, casinos or stores robbers make sure to tell the other cops you arrested them using /cm 10-85 so they won't come there for nothing.
- During quiet times, you can go for the Domestic Disturbance,Routine Patrol or Police Manhunt missions. This will provide you with extra money and Refill Credits but it will also increase your rank.
- Cops can also use Fire Trucks to respond to a /fire. This is a fun and easy way to get some cash or rank up.
- Another thing you can do is a Paramedic Mission. Just get in an ambulance and type /mission.
- For the suspects who are trying to repair their car at Pay'n'Spray or Transfenders, don't try to enter their car as pasager and arrest them, being on foot makes you an easy target, block their way out and start shooting their car.
- During long chases use /visual (/vc), it prevents wanted level loss, so if you're repairing your car and the suspect goes far from you they won't lose their warrant before you reach them. It will also notify other cops that you are in a pursuit.
- Make sure to carry condoms, chastity belt and adrenaline pill. Since cops cannot use drugs, diseases can kill you easily. You can purchase all these at any hospital.
- Carry donuts. You can use them (/donut) to refill your health. Purchase them from Regular Player's Clubs, Donut Shops or Food Vendors.
- Learn the directions (North, South, East, West) and how to use them. It is much easier to chase someone based on the direction you have to follow rather than the name of the location, which can sometimes get tricky.
- Your mini map has an N sign on it, that's the North. Using that orientate yourself to the other directions, East - Right , West - Left , South - Down. Use the /loc $war or /i $war commands, it shows you the closest suspect's position. Try to reach them using directions.
- Learning most of the locations will also be extremely useful. Once you know how every location is called you will no longer have problems locating suspects and heading there.
- Try to use cop cars, you can arrest directly from the car, one thing you can't do from a civilian car which can let the suspect escape. You can upgrade any civilian vehicle to a cop vehicle at the Police Garage. There are lots of vehicles that are faster than the default police vehicles, having one will give you an edge.
- Don't forget about the Police Bike. Being able to shoot both in front and to the sides combined with its high mobility can give an experienced player a high advantage over any warrant, but you should also be aware of the fact that being on a bike makes you a more vulnerable target.
- Always keep your car repaired, don't chase someone with your car damaged, you risk ending up on foot far away from the city or even getting killed.
- During chases never stay exactly behind the vehicle of the suspect, you risk destroying your vehicle because of lag. Try to get in front of their car in order to block/PIT them.
- Try to use NOS in the city, it cancels the default speed restriction and you can get the suspect faster. Also remember that using NOS on the highway or a straight, out of the city, road is a waste. You can reach full speed anyway, there's no need to waste your NOS.
- In case your vehicle is close to exploding and there's no Pay'N'Spray / Gas Station close to you, use your Vehicle Repair Kit (exit your vehicle and type /vehrepair). You can purchase these kits at the Police Garage.
- For the situations when your car is actually on fire always carry an ACME Instafix kit with you, it will save your life. *IMPORTANT* There is a very small chance that the instafix might actually kill you by creating an explosion.
- The /dl command can be useful for keeping track of both your own and the suspect's vehicle health.