Chainsaw not giving damage

CrazyBob's Cops And Robbers game information, help, faqs and guides. If you need help with something in game, this is the place!
ItsAdam
Foot Patrol
Personal Saying: Yeah, I am a kid

Chainsaw not giving damage

Post by ItsAdam »

Well I am having this problem that my chainsaw doesn't damage the player I am attacking...I have asked several players about this and most of them say it happens sometimes and others don't give a answer..1 dude told me to play on a lower FPS and that surely sucks. Today I was playing on some other DM server (bewz) and I had a chainsaw fight with a player..I put the chainsaw inside him and waited for about 10s and he didn't even lose 1 HP. Eventually he just got away from me and killed me with his CS..I take damage from other CS but mine doesn't give damage 90% of the time idk why I also use it like everyone else does so don't assume I don't know how to CS properly. That player even accused me of using No CS damage hacks but why would I do something that gives a disadvantage to me ? Please help me with this issue and I also face this issue in CnR also :D
What doesn't kill you disappoints me

AgentM
Commissioner

Re: Chainsaw not giving damage

Post by AgentM »

Chainsaw is the most bugged weapon in the game and there’s quite a few reasons to why you didn’t do damage.

One’s fault would be sync, on your monitor it might look like you’re chainsawing him when on his screen it looks like you’re walking and just holding the chainsaw and not actually using it.

This also happens when both players use the chainsaw at once and on your screen it looks like you’re chainsawing him (and you cant do any damage) but on his screen it shows that he’s chainsawing you (and he doesnt do any damage).

The other reason is, well, cheats. Different types of cheats. Won’t name them, won’t describe how they work for obvious reasons, but they look something like this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=114261&p=918779&hi ... ng#p918779

dugi
CnR Admin

Post by dugi »

This is an issue with this game you can't fix it.

ItsAdam
Foot Patrol
Personal Saying: Yeah, I am a kid

Post by ItsAdam »

AgentM wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:44 am
The other reason is, well, cheats. Different types of cheats. Won’t name them, won’t describe how they work for obvious reasons, but they look something like this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=114261&p=918779&hi ... ng#p918779
In the link you just posted here it says FPS mods maybe the reason for this and after reading that I just remembered
I asked wes once about chainsaw 'how do you escape chainsaw' and he replied "use 20 fps on your video recorder"
I didn't really get what he meant there and logically 20 FPS is a unplayable fps so I didn't really care about what he said there
Anyways thanks tho :D
What doesn't kill you disappoints me

AgentM
Commissioner

Post by AgentM »

ItsAdam wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am
In the link you just posted here it says FPS mods maybe the reason for this and after reading that I just remembered
I asked wes once about chainsaw 'how do you escape chainsaw' and he replied "use 20 fps on your video recorder"
I didn't really get what he meant there and logically 20 FPS is a unplayable fps so I didn't really care about what he said there
There was a bug around that time, where some players that used FPS mods, had not been taking any damage from chainsaw.

What wes meant when you asked "how do you escape chainsaw", was that he tries to escape the chainsaw lock with a video recorder that limits your FPS to 20 (in his case) when recording.
The lower the FPS the less damage you take from chainsaw.

He didn't really mean escape as in get out of the chainsaw lock , but rather that he lowers his FPS to take less damage and therefore he has more time to somehow get away.
All it does is that it makes you take less damage when being chainsawed.

XoMoX
Officer
Personal Saying: Lossing account winning lotto

Post by XoMoX »

AgentM wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:52 am
ItsAdam wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am
There was a bug around that time, where some players that used FPS mods, had not been taking any damage from chainsaw.

What wes meant when you asked "how do you escape chainsaw", was that he tries to escape the chainsaw lock with a video recorder that limits your FPS to 20 (in his case) when recording.
The lower the FPS the less damage you take from chainsaw.

He didn't really mean escape as in get out of the chainsaw lock , but rather that he lowers his FPS to take less damage and therefore he has more time to somehow get away.
All it does is that it makes you take less damage when being chainsawed.
ITS CALLED "FPS MOD" when you try to cs a player with FPS MODS like dinoking he will surely escape because he has a 20 fps thats why other players with FPS MODS escape CS..
If you go to sleep dont forget to close your eyes

Coki
Sergeant
Personal Saying: Living Legend.(?)

Post by Coki »

XoMoX wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:29 am
like dinoking
why trigger dinoking :(
Had fun in CnR, those days are unforgettable. Time to move on.