It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 How To Turn Off Character Animations? 
Officer In Training

Post How To Turn Off Character Animations?
Hi,

I've just had to reinstall SAMP, and now every time I hit the arrest button my character pauses to do a stupid dance or movement. It even did it in the middle of a gunfight.

I know there's a way to turn these animations off because I had the same problem a while back and found altering the game settings stopped it. But now I can't remember where to find that fix in the settings.

Anyone help please?

Thanks.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:45 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: How To Turn Off Character Animations?
Solution #1:
Maybe your arrest key is bound to some GTA_SA's default action. In GTA_SA arrest key = sub-mission key if arresting from car (2 by default), and on foot it's "Look Behind" button (MMB by default). One possibility is that your arrest key equals GTA_SA's Action key (TAB by default, probably set to sth else on your end). Switch "Action key" in GTA_SA's settings to any other key, preferably useless one, and it shouldn't give you any weird animations out of nowhere.
You redefine your controls manually via the following sequence: Pause menu -> Options -> Controller Setup -> Foot Controls (that's where "ACTION" thing is) or Vehicle controls (isn't relevant to you)

Solution #2:
Maybe you're having some CNR animation command bound to your hotkey, or default arrest key. For example, maybe your MMB is actually a hotkey for some anim, for example /so or /dance. Tho it's not probable.

Solution #3:
Try option #1 and see if it helps. If it doesn't... You can also go somewhere safe (or even better, in GTA_SA singleplayer), tap pause -> Options -> Controller setup -> Restore defaults.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:56 pm
Officer In Training

Post Re: How To Turn Off Character Animations?
Thanks for the incredibly detailed answer. You were correct about it being the action key, so that's sorted now.

Thanks again for your help.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]