It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hello Cnr 
Captain

Personal Text: Smile is a source to win a Heart,
Post Hello Cnr
Hey Cnr Members my problem is not related to samp or cnr this is computer problem. Today i installed 4gb more ram to my computer but now there is a problem when i go to computer properties there is shown installed ram6gb(2.99gb)usable. now problem is this if i have installed 6gb ram then why only 2.99gb is usable. So pls help me i have watched many video's on youtube and also search on google and tried many methods but they did'nt work for me. So plss tell me any solution :?

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 am
Commissioner

Personal Text: Joined forums (Play2Hard): Aug 27th-2010, 7:04 pm.
 Re: Hello Cnr
[Sweet CnR wrote:
i have watched many video's on youtube and also search on google and tried many methods but they did'nt work for me.

What have you tried? :)

Quote:
Step Two: Check Your Motherboard’s Compatibility

RAM DIMM sticks are fairly standard and well-designed: they can only be inserted one way on both desktops and laptops, desktop and laptop RAM isn’t interchangeable, and different generations of RAM won’t fit in the wrong socket (so a motherboard that only supports DDR4 RAM can’t physically fit DDR3).

That being said, it’s rare but possible that RAM might not be compatible with a motherboard, even if it’s the right type. RAM speed should dynamically shift down if it’s faster than the slot itself can handle, and timings shouldn’t have an impact on the compatibility at all. But it’s possible the RAM DIMM’s capacity is higher than the motherboard is rated for.

Your motherboard has a maximum amount of supported RAM, which includes all the slots on the board taken together. This might be as few as two or as many as eight, but most full-sized (ATX) motherboards include four. So a motherboard with a maximum RAM capacity of 16GB and four RAM slots can only accept a maximum of 4GB in each slot—trying to put an 8GB DIMM into the slot might cause it to not be detected. This is likely to be the case if you’ve bought multiple new DIMMs and all of them are failing.

https://www.howtogeek.com/310265/what-to-do-if-your-ram-isnt-detected-by-your-pc/

Other guides: pastebin.com/LPYyyXKU

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 am
Profile WWW
CnR Admin

Post Re: Hello Cnr
Since you didn't give us any kind of details about your specs or the things you already tried/checked, you can't really expect someone to give you a solution.
My first guess is that you're using 32bit windows, so you can't use more than 3gigs. If that's the case, you'll have to switch to 64bit version.
If not, you should probably switch to a more appropriate kind of forums, since people there are more familiar with these kind of things..

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:20 am
Captain

P2H wrote:
[Sweet CnR wrote:
i have watched many video's on youtube and also search on google and tried many methods but they did'nt work for me.

What have you tried? :)

Quote:
Your motherboard has a maximum amount of supported RAM, which includes all the slots on the board taken together. This might be as few as two or as many as eight, but most full-sized (ATX) motherboards include four. So a motherboard with a maximum RAM capacity of 16GB and four RAM slots can only accept a maximum of 4GB in each slot—trying to put an 8GB DIMM into the slot might cause it to not be detected. This is likely to be the case if you’ve bought multiple new DIMMs and all of them are failing.

https://www.howtogeek.com/310265/what-to-do-if-your-ram-isnt-detected-by-your-pc/

ye bro i have DDR2 with 4 ram slots i have inserted 1x2 and 2x2 total 6gb ram i Have try like iin one video i see thats says type msconfig on run box and then goto boot than advanced then if your maximum memory is checked then uncheck it if its uncheck then check it and many things i have tried
chuppy wrote:
Since you didn't give us any kind of details about your specs or the things you already tried/checked, you can't really expect someone to give you a solution.
My first guess is that you're using 32bit windows, so you can't use more than 3gigs. If that's the case, you'll have to switch to 64bit version.
If not, you should probably switch to a more appropriate kind of forums, since people there are more familiar with these kind of things..

Oh ye i think thats the solution i am using 32 bit and you say it only support 3gb so thats why it shows 3gb usable instead of 6gb so i wanna upgrade 32 bit to 64 bit or i wanna install new window with 64 bit?

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 pm
Captain

Really thank you guyz now my computer is totally fine and ram is working great thank you both :) the problem was operating system that time i was on 32 bit but now i m on 64 bit and problem is solved thank you Both guys :)

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]