It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 [Guide] Complete trucking guide by Urik 
Sergeant

Personal Text: master_w0w!
Post Re: [Guide] Complete trucking guide by Urik
urik wrote:
Thank you all for your replies. I do appreciate all of them greatly.

everything. wrote:
Great guide, but a few things from a fellow trucker (~6500 deliveries completed) ... Flatbed - no trailer support, not a semi like the rest (which might hurt hardcore truckers or RP truckers), it is faster than the Roadtrain. Max speed is 157 km/h or 98 mph, on Gant Bridge, it was between 120 and 135 km/h so compare to that a Roadtrain, going across a bridge without Nos. Did I mention it was fast? Speed is an important factor to trucking, imo. Since you make at least half or more of your money from the time bonus from a Flatbed, the difference in speed actually matters.

I haven't mention it in the guide since I found that very vehicle very unstable on any moderate bumps and corners (since it takes ages to steer). I would still add it into guide: maybe with disclaimer that it is not advised for new players. I would make 3 hour test with Flatbed and then I would share results with you.

MapleSyrup wrote:
However, like you have it on enabled, you should include about "Simple Trucking Mode" somewhere in the guide (perhaps in the tips), which can be enabled in the game settings using /settings. It will always select a random pick-up location ($5k pickup bonus always), and you would not have to chose a pickup location yourself, which I personally find very nice and more convenient.

Yes, I have it enabled yet, honestly, I wasn't quite sure what for. Thank you for pointing that out. I will put it in Preparation suggested section.

musicBox wrote:
Id add to the guide that its the best to truck with K - Rose on ;)

It is already in the "Conclusion" section, but i would add word of two somewhat in the end of tips. We all know that hours of driving with no music in the background make you bored to bones.

Henry_Woods wrote:
wanted to elaborate something in tips and tricks:
-if somebody drove towards you in your lane, you might as well slow down and let them drove past you, its likely they will not crash into you unless they have eye sight problem or they are dumb enough to believe this is a derby server and crash into you intentionally.
-keep your distance from crossfire happened within players and wanted pursuit(especially rustler), you do not want to involve in these situations.

I have it already included but maybe I have wrote about it too much "in general". I would put your suggestions into guide.

x6tence wrote:
I never understood why is the truck "Dune" never mentioned anywhere.

If Dune do have only 110km/h maximum speed I will not mention it in the guide. As for my experience most of the time you are driving at maximum speed. I would imagine that picking up truck with 110km/h maximum speed would decrease your earnings dramatically.

Thank you all once again. Your suggestions are added in the guide; as for 3hour flatbed testing I would conduct it tomorrow afternoon (results of which will be presented in less than 24 hours) 8-)

And yet another +1 from me for putting the in the maximum effort. :)

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:57 pm
CnR Admin

urik wrote:
Thank you all for your replies. I do appreciate all of them greatly.

everything. wrote:
snip

I haven't mention it in the guide since I found that very vehicle very unstable on any moderate bumps and corners (since it takes ages to steer). I would still add it into guide: maybe with disclaimer that it is not advised for new players. I would make 3 hour test with Flatbed and then I would share results with you.

Yes, as I said, Flatbed can be difficult and the weakness is steering and small bumps, there are times when I am turning around and a slight elevation in the terrain causes me to tip over, I can usually regain it but sometimes not. It is a good truck to do long distance trucking, just quick turns and off-roading is a hit or miss. Small story: my friend Nothing. used to truck before me, he's the reason why I truck (and with the flatbed). He used to truck for a long time and was pretty good at it, I joined in, he kept totd with 8+ deliveries over and over and.. eventually I got better at it (he still is better imo), we're both dedicated, used this truck for thousands of deliveries yet we both still.. lose our trucks a good deal so it's not perfect.

Yes, I recommend you make a disclaimer or put a "not recommended for new players" next to the Flatbed.

urik wrote:
Thank you all once again. Your suggestions are added in the guide; as for 3hour flatbed testing I would conduct it tomorrow afternoon (results of which will be presented in less than 24 hours) 8-)

Small question, for your 3 in-game day testing you did for the Roadtrain on page 1, do you by any chance.. know the goods and services at the time? Because you see, that number affects the value of cargo.

I wish you luck on the future Flatbed testing, I just recorded 3 days of doing it myself, on LV, with godds and services being 67.. for my own purpose, I am curious which makes more money. Unfortunately, I need to find the exact same number in order to do 3 days of Roadtrain which might be an issue.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 pm
Captain

Personal Text: In impossible there is possible
Good guide! :) I personally like trucking in LV and roadtrain is by far the best for it.

Seriously,i hate when some noob keeps ramming my truck when delivering specially president obama :evil:

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:13 am
Lieutenant

Personal Text: Aka Nasheed_pudding
FISHING FOR THE WIN BOYS.

fuck you sea monster.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:22 am
Recruit

Quote:
everything. wrote:
Small question, for your 3 in-game day testing you did for the Roadtrain on page 1, do you by any chance.. know the goods and services at the time? Because you see, that number affects the value of cargo.

Unfortunately I do not have percentages..
That is the reason why I spent last few hours doing 78 delivery missions and I will hopefully get some unmistakable answers (26x Flatbed 117% goods and services rate, 26x Roadtrain 67% rate, 26x Roadtrain 88% rate). I would share my results as soon as I am done putting all these screenshots into spreadsheet. Reason why I did 2x Roadtrain is that I do feel that my Roadtrain runs are more consistent. It would hopefully be able to make something from numbers. If not then only thing left would be to ask CrazyBob directly.

Anyway I thank you all guys for your warm words and constructive conversation that we can all enjoy in replies in this thread. As I said I would let you all know about results (eta 2h) in this post; and if results would be (hopefully) clear - I would go straight ahead and add them in the first post.

Until then.

Reading what everything. said (below): it looks like I have to gather more data in order to tell something about relationship between /market rates and earnings, since you can not compare different cities. I will publish the results in following days.

Last edited by urik on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 pm
CnR Admin

I have a personal project of screenshotting deliveries at certain markets, mainly so I can get an idea of what each delivery gives, rounded them down to 100 market, but I'm also categorizing them in terms of how much they give. Also since there's a lot of them under different markets, I am able to compare a delivery from 50 to 100 for example and understand there's a 25% value difference there, all these markets are different, I hope you have deliveries with similar markets (like 63 to 67 for example, not a huge difference, like 2 to 3 percent) or you did them in the same city

Because 117% and 67%, the Roadtrain deliveries will make about 25% more in its cargo since there's like a 25% difference here, if I am doing math right.
At 88% it'll be like ~14 percent, which is still a decent difference and may yield problematic for a comparison.

If you want I can provide screenshot proof of how I measured percent of inc/decr from markets, might take some time digging, though.

Good luck regardless, I need to find LV.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:33 pm
Commissioner

A great example of how a quality guide should look. Myself I don't truck, I have only a few deliveries completed, but I'm sure new players could find this useful.
I don't know if you've played here before and just switched account, but this is some quality stuff! Good job!

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:18 pm
CnR Admin

Learnt a few things myself from this guide. Thanks urik and thank you to those who contributed.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:10 am
Commissioner

I don't think this needs guide on forums, as everyone who managed to get here probably knows how to drive a truck.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:16 am
Recruit

Thank you all for your comments. It is a great pleasure seeing you guys appreciating long hours that was put in this guide.
Last days thread was dead because I was busy working on more testing: resulting in spreadsheet http://bit.ly/1Sq4lp0 that was added to the guide in its own section "Testing - continuation". I hope it answers all unanswered questions since it answered a lot of my own questions 8-) .
I would also like to thank forum moderator that pinned this thread. I hope that with greater exposure this guide can be improved even more, while simultaneously more people could benefit from it.

Evangelist wrote:
A great example of how a quality guide should look. Myself I don't truck, I have only a few deliveries completed, but I'm sure new players could find this useful.
I don't know if you've played here before and just switched account, but this is some quality stuff! Good job!

I haven't changed accounts. To be honest its my third guide that I wrote in my life and first guide that had anything to do with GTA. It's nice to see that you found it good. Maybe It will encourage you to truck more? ;)

Tablespoon wrote:
Learnt a few things myself from this guide. Thanks urik and thank you to those who contributed.

Only person that helped me was everything.. He pointed me at the right direction in case of testing. We have exchanged a lot of pm's lately so I hope that he is also happy with the results. Thank you for warm words, I do appreciate them greatly.

Nelle wrote:
I don't think this needs guide on forums, as everyone who managed to get here probably knows how to drive a truck.

You might also say that "Cop guide" everything is explained ingame. Reality although is different. I think a lot of truckers as well as civilians looking for ways to earn money can benefit from this guide. And that is the reason I wrote it.

Once again I thank you all for feedback. If you have any suggestions on what to add, correct, clarify: please leave your comments in this thread to pm me.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next