It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 /changepass not working? Asked to contact an admin? 
Silly Admin

Personal Text: iter non destinatum fruere
Post /changepass not working? Asked to contact an admin?
Hi folks,

Since well-meaning people tend to spread incorrect information to other players requesting help with passwords, I thought I'd clarify:

If you want to change your in-game password, use the /changepass command in-game. This will usually do the trick.

If you are unable to use /changepass in-game and are asked to contact an admin, that's exactly what you need to do: contact an admin. You don't need to send these requests to the scripting team. Simply pop into IRC and we can help you out.

If you lose your account login altogether and are unable to login at all, then officially, there is nothing that we can do for you and you will need to start over. Look after your password, note it down, and don't share it. (Read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21411 for advice on password security.)

If you believe that your account has been genuinely compromised, then first of all, you're a moron: keeping your password secure is not a difficult skill. However, if you let the admin team know, then we may be able to temporarily disable your account and help you reclaim it. We will not reverse any actions or changes made to your account when it was compromised.

If you have any other account-related queries, you're welcome to either use the CnR Help board here on the forums, or come and find us in IRC.

Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

Personal Text: Meet In Los Santos
Post Re: /changepass not working? Asked to contact an admin?
Finally. U created a thread. Thx Renegade and other administrators :)

Thu May 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Commissioner

Personal Text: You will pay the price for your lack of vision!
Nice, I've seen quite the many people thinking admins cannot help out in any way. This should be useful!

Good Job! (10-20)

Thu May 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner

Good.
It took me days to find Bob at IRC to change pass.

Thu May 08, 2014 9:30 pm
Commissioner

Personal Text: Snitt #1
Useful information I guess. Most useful would be if I could just /changepass in game without needing to do this :(.
For security, you should be changing your password pretty frequently anyway. Most companies force you to change your password every few months on their systems for security but here, some people have probably been using the same password for years :/.
One time I stupidly typed my password in game in the main chat and had to go crawling to bob for a password reset. Was pretty lucky since it was the weekend, bob was around within like 1 hour.
I want /changepass :'(

Subscribe to my channel by clicking above!

Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 am
Commissioner

Finaly, nice job ;)

Fri May 09, 2014 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner

Nice Job

Snitt wrote:
Useful information I guess. Most useful would be if I could just /changepass in game without needing to do this :(.
For security, you should be changing your password pretty frequently anyway. Most companies force you to change your password every few months on their systems for security but here, some people have probably been using the same password for years :/.
One time I stupidly typed my password in game in the main chat and had to go crawling to bob for a password reset. Was pretty lucky since it was the weekend, bob was around within like 1 hour.

I think the reason this isn't enabled without an admin's approval is due to the fact people can leak their passwords, someone access' the account and changes their password.

Fri May 09, 2014 11:25 am
Lieutenant

i can use /changepass anytime i want to in-game,It doesnt say contact an admin you to change your pass :?

Tue May 13, 2014 6:12 am
Lieutenant

Banana_Ghost wrote:
Nice Job

Snitt wrote:

I think the reason this isn't enabled without an admin's approval is due to the fact people can leak their passwords, someone access' the account and changes their password.

I think the reason is because he/she changed IP

Sat May 24, 2014 1:46 am
Commissioner

Personal Text: Fuck me.
Finally a guide . Nice job , and ty on this :)

Sat May 24, 2014 5:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next