It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sgt.Mays's Guide: Some simple common sense. (Updated) 
Lieutenant

Personal Text: I am Gunnery Sgt Mays your Senior Drill Instructor
Post Sgt.Mays's Guide: Some simple common sense. (Updated)
***SGT.MAYS GUIDE: SOME SIMPLE COMMON SENSE!***
Version 1.3

Version: 1.0- Guide Created
Version: 1.1- Fixed some typos and added some more tips.
Version: 1.2- Updated things for version 17, added new tips, updated changed or removed some tips and added more example images.
Version 1.3.0: Version 19 Info update 1

CrazyBob had a similar but smaller guide on the old board i felt it should be brought over here.

Here are a few pointers to help you along in CnR, follow these guidelines and you can avoid.
-A ticket or a hit, (Players really hate it when their car gets rammed for no reason after they may have spent money on it, you do not want to piss somebody off. Also some cops may place a ticket on you for ramming their car)
-Costly repair fees, hospital bills with death or health refills (food etc). You may have a car to sell or the bonus car you want the most out of it.
-Pissing somebody off (you could wind yourself up being killed if you just ram somebody for no reason)
-Getting into a accident and/or dying.\
-Getting a gang on your back, trust me you do not want any gangs on you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1: Driving

-When driving stay on the RIGHT side of the road, like we do in North America, The reason for this is driving on the wrong side is just asking for you to be rammed and sent flying and/or blown up and maybe a hit.
(Example Image coming soon)
-Stay in your lane, if you see a car on the wrong side heading your way pull off to the sidewalk. DO NOT turn into him (this happens all the time)
-If you see a emergency vehicle (Cop car, Ambulance or Fire truck), Move over or speed up he may be responding to a robbery at your house.
-Always check your rear view with MMB(Middle-Mouse-Button), also always keep a eye on your radar for any incoming cars.
-if you see somebody crossing the road slow down or move to avoid them and try not to hit them
-If your driving some really slow car, just stay to the side of the road so you have a lower chance of being rammed.
-As a cop always use your siren when responding to a call, stay on the right side and off to the side a bit. When not on a call use your siren at intersections and traffic jams.
-If there is a lot of traffic on a road, or cars blocking it. Take a side street or another route.
-When at a mod stop or pay n spray, Stay off to the side and WAIT YOUR TURN. Players are repairing or modding their cars they do not want it damaged on the way out of just repairing or modding it, and i am sure you do not want the same to happen to you.
(Example image coming soon)
-Keep your car repaired, damaged cars are a target and a accident could be fatal.
-Modded cars have a higher chance of being stolen and are a target of carjackers, when parking to visit a place park it out of sight (behind city hall or around the corner).
-Cops when you are chasing a suspect or responding to a crime stay off to the side and always keep your siren on, getting damaged or a car exploding during a chase/crime response is a bad thing.
-NEVER go AFK out in the open or in a crowded area, you are at very high risk to be dmed and killed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2: Parking

-When going to City hall or the PD do not park on the road or block the door, park off to the side or across the street not on the road
Example Image
As you can see the road is clear and cars can pass, and people can enter city hall easily.

-If the place has a parking lot, USE IT park in a spot and always /lk
-NEVER forget to lock your car /lk.
-DO NOT! block any door way, entrance or a parking lot to a garage, Not only will your car have a higher chance of being taken it is just plain annoying and rude.
-Do not leave old broken cars laying around, either destroy them or put them out of the way.
-All City hall entrances are blocked with fence to prevent door blockers, this is still not a reason to block the road park properly.

Part 3: On Foot Stuff

-Wonder why you keep getting hit while walking around?, Stay off the road. When some people see a player on the road they will try to turn into them or kill them.
-When crossing roads or tracks run do not walk and get across as fast as you can.
-When selling goods, do not camp in CH or one place. Move around and cover the entire city this goes for medics also. Now that weapons are removed from CH this is a better time then ever to start spreading your business around the city.
-Always try to have at least 50% health, a low health player is a target for dmers and noobs.
-Also when walking around in the forest area, KEEP your eyes open bad bad things can happen :).
-Do not crowd the elevator at the SA-MP office tower, it causes lag and players to go through the roof/door or floor
-Arrest radius reduced in interiors, cops stay close to suspects and guard robbery locations more.

Part 4: Some Extra Tips

Here are just some tips.

-COPS!, DO NOT SHOOT Innocent or yellows, its basic common sense.
-Try to help out new players, if you see a player lost pick him up. Or help out players in the chat.
-If you need to know any simple questions, type /faq.
-As a cop, if you arrest somebody or kill them. If they had a car move it off to the side of the road or if you do not have one take it.
-When you sell a car try to clear the spot, either push it out or bail out right after pressing 2 while the car is still moving. let players get the most out of their sale.
-DO NOT ATTACK Players for no reason with your car or on foot, the rules state its not a dm so follow them.
-When you have a hit, do not just camp in one area keep moving around and leave the city. This will pull the Hitmen out of City hall or other places and make it a little more fun.
-When quitting move your car off to the side, destroy it or park it.
-If you have a chance, drive around and clear the roads of cars. Cops are the best people to do this
-If you need to go AFK for more then a few minutes either quit or hide in a place like the Reg Players club, a house or any safe place. AFK players are at high risk of being dmed.

Thanks for reading the guide and i hope you can follow these simple guidelines to make your visit to CnR the best it can be.

If you do not like some of these well then piss off back into the kitchen.

*Feel free to add to this guide!*

Last edited by Sgt.Mays on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 am, edited 32 times in total.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 am
Commissioner

Post Re: Sgt.Mays's Guide: Some simple common sense.
yay, now say that to all server players and you win.

It's nothing bad in it, buy most players don't listen that "rules".

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:40 pm
Foot Patrol

Good job! Very nice guide, although everyone now drive in the left and blockes the entrance of locations just for fun.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:28 am
Profile ICQ
Captain

Telling people to park in an orderly fashion is like telling the paparazzi to stop taking pictures.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:42 am
Commissioner

well I just go in high speed and before crashing into CH door I jump so I can enter really fast
this way I can avoid rapists and con artists
So no way I'm going to park like that
And If you enter my car to put like that You will get killed because the alarm goes off and I get mad

Also the other day there was an asshole called Roald that was doing this but instead of putting near CH he parked all cars inside transfender (LV) like a retard.

I hate this.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 am
Sergeant

Great informative writing there Mays, unfortunately. Only 25% of people are actually going to think about this. Most people are horribly ignorant and rude. Anyway, you've done a good job.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:00 am
CnR Admin

Put in a section for not shooting innocents as a cop you retarrrrrrrrrd.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 am
Sergeant

Personal Text: 10-103
Sgt.Mays wrote:
-When driving stay on the RIGHT side of the road, like we do in North America.

Im from Australia so left lane for me

Quote:
-If you see a emergency vehicle (Cop car, Ambulance or Fire truck), move off to the side and let him pass. He may be heading to the bank to stop a robbery and prevent money loss.

Lol you got to be kidding me, most of the noob cops on this game dont even know how to drive and there speeds dont go no where near as fast as most other cars on the map

Quote:
-If you have a really slow car (like a tractor) stay off the side of the road, and let the faster cars pass and to avoid a accident.

Harharhar, not my job to do that, where do you expect me to drive?

Quote:
-If there is a lot of traffic on a road, or cars blocking it. Take a side street or another route.

Most of the time i'm driving a bus or a truck so I just ram them out of my way

Quote:
-When at a mod stop or pay n spray, Stay off to the side and WAIT YOUR TURN. Players are repairing or modding their cars they do not want it damaged on the way out of just repairing or modding it, and i am sure you do not want the same to happen to you.

Yes I agree with this, and I do this

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:55 am
Foot Patrol

the sad truth is nobody would ever listen to this :( However on the bright side, i am a diehard RP kinda guy so I play the game like I would in RL. I drive on the right side of the lane, stay the speed limit, and even park in between the lines in a parking spot (even when using a helicopter lol)

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:41 pm
Captain

You're thinking too much like real life. It's gta u cant expect ppl to be that civil :D

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next