It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Fishing Guide! 
Commissioner

Fishing Guide!
Fishing Guide by JackC21911

Hello, I decided to make a fishing guide to teach new and old players who don't have much experience on fishing, to do it the right way.

Why fish?
As most of you know, fishing is definitely one of the best and most profitable ways to make big $$$
(apart from winning to lotto obviously).

FAQ
Q : What is the most expensive fish?
A : Baby Seal, since V21 the Baby Seal has made a lot of players a lot of money. If the Baby Seal is over 80Lb and the market is around 100 (/market) you will get around $500,000.

Q : What is the least expensive fish?
A : Trout, if your fish is around 4.5Lb and the market is around 100, you will get about $150.

Q : How do I get started?
A : To get started, I recommend bringing about 100k to a bait shop , to buy a Fishing Rod and Cooler. When in a boat use /fish or press 2 to start fishing.

Little bit more info about those two.
Fishing Rod - The Fishing Rod gives you a higher chance of catching fish and a shortened time of being able to fish again. If you are arrested with a Fishing Rod in your inventory it will be taken away from you, but if you have a fishing permit you wont. Use /rod or /pole to wear it. Fishing rods can also be purchased from a 24-7 or Street Vendor
Fishing Cooler - The Fishing Cooler allows you to carry 15 fish, without the cooler you can only carry 5 fish. You must pay for ice each game day, the cost of ice since V21 is $9,000 , the old price was $7,500 Fishing Coolers and also be purchased from a Street Vendor

Q : Where can I buy boats?
A : There are a number of places to buy boats around San Andreas, I have the locations marked out on a map. The red circles are the places you can buy boats.
http://i.imgur.com/xTv17WV.jpg

General Fishing Stuff
So in case you don't know where any of the bait shops are, I've put the locations on a map for you. The bait shops are marked as red circles.
http://i.imgur.com/lAlLcle.jpg

Fishing Records
If you use the /frec command, you will see 2 pages, and they are fishing records.
What are they?
Everytime you catch a fish that is bigger than the previous record, you will receive a $5,000 price. Your name will also appear next to the fish you broke the record for, and other players will see that you broke the record on their On Screen Text (OST).

Fishing Permits
When you are fishing by default, you are fishing illegally. To fish legally you can buy fishing permits from a bait shop, street vendor or [BOT] at City Hall (i think?). When you are fishing without permits, if there is a cop close you will gain a wanted level, if not you will remain as an Innocent Civilian, but "Fishing Without A Permit" will be in your /crimes. I recommend buying many fishing permits if you are going to fish AFK. The maximum amount of fish permits you can hold are 50 Fish

Where are the best places to fish?
I've done out a map to show (in my opinion) the best places to fish on all cities.
Key : Red - LS Locations Blue - LV Locations Green - SF Locations
http://i.imgur.com/Kw2PP0I.jpg

How do I sell my fish?
You can sell your fish by using /fishsell or /fishsellall, or just use the menu in any : Bait Shop, 24-7, Restaurants (Cluckin' Bell, Burger Shot and Well Stacked Pizza Co.)

Good Fish/Bad Fish
Over time you will get to know what fish are good, what fish are bad. I've made a small list to give you a basic idea if the fish is good or bad

Good Fish
Cod 120Lb +
Baby Seal 50Lb +
Squid 800Lb +
Shark 1000Lb +
Sturgeon 1000Lb +
Dolphin 200Lb +
Halibut 150Lb +

Bad Fish
Trout
Eel
Lobster
Sea Bass
Sardine
Flounder

If you want to know more about what fish are good/bad and their prices, I recommend you check out SgtMartin_Riggs' Thread

Oh, and this: thanks to Billman87 for contributing this detailed list http://pastebin.com/qwXBR8KU

Fishing Tournaments/Bonus Fish
Another two cool things that can make you extra cash are Fishing Tournaments and the daily Bonus Fish.
- Fishing Tournaments, these do not happen everyday, every two game-days or so, they start at 04:00 and end at 20:00. Basically there are a few different challenges, a few of these include : Catch the most fish, Catch the biggest fish, Catch the most Pikes, Catch the biggest Sturgeon etc.

Bonus Fish - Every game-day there will be a new bonus fish, when the bonus fish has been announced it will appear on your On Screen Text (OST). If you might have missed it check /finfo and see if there is one there. How it works is basically like this, one day this could be an example "Today's Bonus Fish : Catfish - Minimum weight - 8.3Lb - Price : $130,000" You do not need to sell the fish , you just need to catch it.

Storage
If you have a house, you can place up to 20 Fish in its storage. Be careful because they can be robbed! Fishing rods can also be placed in storage under "Clothes"
Other random stuff that happens to you when fishing

Weapons
When you are fishing you can occasionally catch weapons. Here are some of the weapon packs you can catch -

Chainsaw and Deagle (250 ammo)
Combat Shotgun (250 ammo) and Dildo
Mac-10 (250 ammo) and AK-47 (250 ammo)
Shotgun (250 ammo) and Sniper Rifle (250 ammo)

Other random stuff
There a number of other random stuff that happens when you fish, there can be positive effects and no effects, here's a few:
Clam Chowder - Effect - Health refill
Drugs - Effect - Gives you a random amount of drugs depending on how many drugs you can/ are carrying (use /di to check)
Armor - Effect - Self-explanatory, you get armor
Used Condom - Effect - No effect
Condom - Effect - 1 Condom is added to your inventory
Shoe - Effect - No effect
Fried Rice - Effect - No effect

Money $$$
When you are fishing sometimes you can find either a Suitcase of money or a Sunken Treasure
- Suitcases contain around $3,000 to $8,000
-Sunken Treasures and range between $20,000 to 75,000

Attacks
You can be attacked by a number of creatures when fishing. Here are a few examples
- Raped by Mermaid, you only lose health, you don't get diseases or anything.
- Attacked by Crab, you lose a small amount of health.
- Attacked by Jellyfish, you lose a small amount of health.
- Boat sunken by Whale, when a whale sinks your boat you will be left in the water on foot, you will also receive $25,000 as a bonus.
- Jaws , Jaws is definitely the worst of them all, but the good thing is you can actually see him and he isn't a bunch of text. If you see a shark coming towards you, get away from it because it will kill you.
- Sea Monsters Actually forgot about these two lol. There are two Sea Monsters, one that will take a number of fish out of your inventory, and another that will kill you.

Killer Fish
So I'm eventually doing this, so here it is. A list of the killer/somewhat killer fish and their sizes:

Amberjack - 100Lb+ - 85%
Grouper - 40Lb+ - 45-50%
Red Snapper - 35Lb+ - 75%
Barracuda - 7.5Lb+ - 55%
Sea Bass - 4Lb+ - 60%
Turtle - 150Lb+ - 75-80%
Piranha - 6Lb+ - 80-90% This is the best killer fish, a piranha above 2.5Lb will deal good damage
Blue Marlin - 1500Lb+ - 80-85%
Catfish - 11Lb+ Good damage and diseases
Pike - 40Lb+ - 75%
Cod - 150Lb+ - 80-85%
Eel - 9Lb+ - 90%
Tuna - 7.5Lb+ - 85%
Shark - 1200Lb+ - 75-80%
Lobster - 35Lb+ - 85-90%
Squid - 900Lb+ - 75-80%

Hope that I helped! Please leave your thoughts below, I might not have covered everything and this will probably be updated from time to time.

Last edited by JackC21911 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:21 am, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:10 pm
Commissioner

Personal Text: Never Back Down
Post Re: Fishing Guide!
nice gg

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:27 pm
Profile YIM
Commissioner

Personal Text: Joined forums (Play2Hard): Aug 27th-2010, 7:04 pm.
 Re: Fishing Guide!
Ok, good-job.

Could link to other similar stuff as well, just a thought that I had, so I gather few links up.

There's of course more locations to fish and for the record, you can sell your fish at Clucky's etc too.

Maybe add few command there too, like shortened commands (/frec, /gps to find locations, /finv etc):
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22612&p=228990

Or: http://cbcnr.net/website/cnr-commands#fishing-commands

Fish prices:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31031 fish price
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38813&p=379827

/fs - fish slap fishes god /fe fishes:
N/A - Don't have time searching for it at the moment, (check market place etc).

Other guides, some out dated though:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43981&p=420351
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18858
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6735
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27959
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4734

Other guides: pastebin.com/LPYyyXKU

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner

I mentioned that you can sell your fish at restaurants, and that I'm doing killer fish, /fs and stuff like that soon. I'll be adding more things tomorrow. But thanks for your reply

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:14 pm
Lieutenant

Personal Text: Hatred fuels my blood, I'll burn you down
JackC21911 wrote:
Little bit more info about those two.
Fishing Rod - The Fishing Rod gives you a higher chance of catching fish and a shortened time of being able to fish again. If you are arrested with a Fishing Rod in your inventory it will be taken away from you. Use /rod or /pole to wear it. Fishing rods can also be purchased from a 24-7 or Street Vendor

If you have purchased fishing permit, when you're arrested, your fishing rod won't be taken by cop
add this one.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 pm
CnR Admin

Good guide. A few things:

Under the 'Good/Bad Fish', do you feel like adding to it or are you fine with what you have since they're just examples? Because if you want, I could tell you a detailed list of what is good and what is bad. I'm personally mixed, the list may already be good because like what does good mean for you? For me, any fish selling for at least 20,000. Let me know though if you want an advanced list.

Maybe including price per lb of fish on specific markets? Again let me know if you want this stuff.

Also, killer /fs fish, I know you're doing that but I know some on that. I am not a scientist though, can't give accurate health loss percentages or good, very good, lethal but I know what's some basic sizes.

Otherwise, let me know if you need help on any of this. I have a lot of knowledge on fishing, but it's pretty basic, it's not hard to learn this stuff.

We at SAM often make self-deprecating jokes usually with a theme of homosexuality, cause life's too short to take everything so serious. But, if you cop-tanked after the "attacking law enforcement" crime was introduced in 2012(?). You are more gay than any one of us could ever aspire to be.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:45 am
Commissioner

Added info about fishing permits and fishing records

Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:28 pm
Commissioner

Personal Text: BloodyCrips Gang (BCG) Founder/Owner
Nice guide Jack!
I hope it will help new players or also regulars who do not really understand fish prices for example me ;)

BloodyCripZ on CrazyBob's Wiki
Image Image

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner

Thanks Pele :D
Hope you found it useful

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:38 pm
Commissioner

I sold once a Baby Seal (Fish record) for 800K, when the market was 171.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next