It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Police self defence 
Officer In Training

Post Police self defence
I have a question in how far I'm allowed to self-defence when I'm a cop.

The suspect drove away on a bike and I just logged in so I have no idea why he had a wanted level.
I follow him in a car and he goes into his house. After a 1-2 min he comes out and I can ticket him.

He pays the ticket and then instant start shooting me. The game doesn't register this as attacking a law enforcement. So he gets like 4 shots with his DE off on my car. (car is showing some serious smoke)
I drive back to a higher position to check if I got a hit on me, which isn't the case, and he continues shooting. With 2-3 hits he sets my car into a fire and gets a wanted lvl for attacking a law enforcement.
So I leave the car and he starts shooting me. There was no way I could make it to him to ticket him as he would have killed me.
I'm pretty sure that even if I ticket him he would just kill me.
Running away wasn't an option as he had a bike and I had no car.

So I decided to take him down out of self-defence. After this, the game tells me that I have to ticket yellow suspects (DUH!) and I lose all my police rank.
Which in my opinion is unfair as this was pure self-defence.

This brings the questions: To what extent am I allowed to self-defence as a Cop? and What should I do next time? ( Don't want to lose my rank again)

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:31 am
CnR Admin

Personal Text: I'm secretly a robot.
Post Re: Police self defence
If you're being shot at by someone with reasonable conviction, feel free to shoot back. (Unless it's other cops - then just use /complain)
If you from common sense and deductive reasoning could argue that your life is threatened, feel free to use lethal force.

If you don't want to lose your rank, you should carefully consider your options. See if you can make it out; but sometimes (i.e. situation you described) there might be no other option. In the end, police rank is not hard to get back.
The script cannot possibly know about every situation you might find yourself in, so a demotion could happen even though you might have been in the right.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]