It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [GUIDE] How to use Discord - Discord Rich Presence 
Commissioner

Post [GUIDE] How to use Discord - Discord Rich Presence

This is the official CnR discord.

Introduction

What is discord?
Discord is a modern version of the IRC, it allows you communicate with your friends easly, by chat or voice communication. Much better than irc, it has cool stuff. Colors and emojis (and memes, the memsters place - rashon).

How do I use it?

First, if you don't have discord installed, visit https://discordapp.com/ and make your self an account and downlaod it. It has very simple installation process. Nothing has to be explaned there. NOTE: discord cannot be runned/installed on the old windows versions like XP or vista. Move on and upgrade your system to the newest windows like 7 or 10.
- You don't have to download the discord app (program) you can just simply create an account and visit it via the browser that you are using.

After you've made an discord account and you've installed the app, run it and login to your discord account. You will notice, the app is pretty empty.
To fill it up, click on the "+" option on your left side menu, and click on join server.

What you have to do there and paste the CB CnR discord invatation link. https://discord.gg/UmFDx5M - copy the link and paste on the empty bar to join the server.

How do I talk with people?

Join any channel thats under "voice channels"

How do I set push-to-talk?

NOTE: If you are using the discord browser version, you will be limited to push-to-talk. (I will get into this shortly).
Open your User Settings
Find Voice & Video and click on Push To Talk. On the shortcut bar choose your key that you want to push while you're talling.
We are not done yet, do not close the menu. Find menu called Keybinds and click on the Add a Keybind, you will see an action bar, click on that and find Push To Talk (normal), on the keybind, choose your same key that you've choose to push to talk.
Hit on the "x" button or press "ESC" (escape) to close the menu and you are in business. Join your friends and talk with them!

Users who will use the discord browser version

This is only for those who will use the discord browser version how to setup the push-to-talk. It's the same process, but it's limited. Basically, to talk with your friends (push-to-talk) you need be on the discord window to talk with them, otherways if you are browsing something else on the second window, you wont be able to talk with them.

To disconnect from the voice channels, simply click on the telephone horn icon called "disconnect" to leave the voice channels.

There's also a phone discord app, you can download to your phone and connect to your discord account to talk with your friends.
It's available on android and ios. Download the app, and login with your same discord account that you are connecting with.

What's discord rich presence?

It's a plugin for discord that supports what current program/game you are running/playing and showing off on discord as a status message. This plugin only works for GTA sa-mp.

How to install

I'm not going to let you going to the full process how to install it, so i'm going to make your life much easier:
1: Start by downloading the files from the dropbox, this is totally safe, nothing to be worried about.

2: Open the rar file and select all the files from there. Go to your GTA sa installed folder (make sure you have sa-mp installed there) and drag the files there.

3: Launch the game, join the servers and check if it's working.

NOTE:
Make sure your discord game activity is enabled, other way, won't show what are you playing. Go to your discord User Settings, Games and enable Display currently running games as a status message. (this is by default enabled, to make sure, check it.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

updated on 29th august, 2018.

Last edited by ciyber on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:43 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: [GUIDE] Discord Rich Presence
i thought it was easier than i expected

Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:10 pm
Profile YIM
CnR Admin

Personal Text: Man is made by his belief. As he believes,so he is
Post Re: [GUIDE] Discord Rich Presence
Good guide, maybe you can add on how to use discord & join CnR server for the people who don't know.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]